“The Dulye Leadership Experience increases the value of an organization’s greatest assets–its people–through the professional and personal development accelerated through innovative programs like the Gen Now Retreat. I plan to be back every year and to bring key members of my team to experience it for themselves.”
-Mike Mathis, MGM Springfield President/COO and 2019 DLE Gen Now Retreat Speaker
More from Mike Mathis…
“I feel very fortunate to have been invited to this event and to meet Linda (Dulye) and this extraordinary community of rising young professionals, corporate executives and established business owners. They all share a desire to learn and grow by openly sharing their challenges and tools in a way that is refreshingly genuine and collaborative.”
“In an era when leadership development tends to focus on self-expression and personal passion, the Dulye Leadership Experience (DLE) sets leadership in the essential triangle of self- awareness, professional acumen and community responsibility. Participants are encouraged, in fact directed, to expand their impact at work and to engage in their community as they develop skills and perspective.
The DLE Gen Now Retreat unfolds on many levels. The faculty and mentors – corporate executives, non-profit directors, military officers, coaches and advisors – give presentations and engage in every aspect of the participants’ explorations (and find some space for their own explorations as well). Former participants expand their roles in the DLE as their experience grows. Learning kicks off in a residential weekend of presentations, reflective and creative breakouts and enthusiastic socializing. It continues through both planned and informal networking. And it soon becomes a culture in the enterprises and communities where DLE-ers live.
The DLE Gen Now Retreat becomes a space to try out new roles, to develop new capabilities, to get and give advice – to grow in competence and confidence. And to contribute, immediately and effectively, to workplaces and communities.
DLE Founder Linda Dulye has a passion for developing skilled, ethical, engaged leaders. With singular vision, she has created the DLE, a learning opportunity for emerging leaders. For quality and impact, it matches GE’s Crotonville in its hay day, MIT’s UPOP and Dorie Clark’s Recognized Experts programs.”
-Deborah Ferro Burke, PhD, Principal, Berkshire Institute for Action Learning, Contributing Author, The GE Work-Out, Senior Advisor to the Entrepreneurial Exchange (Helsinki, Finland), Partner in Burke+Okrent, LLC, (Women: Telling Our Stories), and 2019 DLE Gen Now Retreat speaker/faculty.
“Linda Dulye organizes excellent events for young professionals and more importantly, connects them to mentors and role models who can help them advance in their careers. She takes a holistic approach to professional development including self-care, soft-skills, personal branding, and community engagement. Through the Dulye Leadership Experience retreat, she has built a caring community of continuous learners, current and future leaders. I applaud her commitment to nurturing the talents and skills of the next generation.”
– Liana Toscanini
Founder, Nonprofit Center of the Berkshires and 2019 DLE Retreat Speaker
With young professionals representing 29 companies and organizations, the 2019 Dulye Leadership Experience Gen Now Retreat offers its greatest industry diversity yet. And, that number increases to 42 when speakers are added in.
Finalists earning one of the 45 exclusive seats are traveling from as far away as Plano, TX for three days of riveting keynote, break-out and coaching sessions on topics ranging from networking to effective communication to imposter syndrome to stress & self-care.
Here’s an alphabetical list of the organizations where 2019 finalists and attendees work:
Gain the confidence, capabilities and connections to add greater value to your organization and career at the 2019 Dulye Leadership Experience (DLE) Gen Now Retreat on Nov. 1-3 in the spectacular Berkshires.
Now in its 12th year, the Gen Now Retreat offers comprehensive, compelling learning and networking in an intimate setting for 45 motivated, young professionals from diverse industries, organizations and regions with an preeminent faculty of executives, thought leaders and entrepreneurs. This year’s illuminating line-up includes:
• Ken Pouliot, Senior Vice President, Global Sales/Percolate
• Michael Mathis, President and COO/MGM Springfield
• Christina Fieni, Data Strategy Director/Droga5
• Captain Scott Smith, Chair of the Joint Military Operations Department/Naval War College
• Ben Sosne, Executive Director, Berkshire Innovation Center
• April Roche, Director of Student Services, Hillcrest Educations Centers
• David Bell, Global Business Manager/Topcoder
• Andrea Lein, Ph.D., Head of the School/Dewey Academy
• Nate Girard, CEO/Higher Purpose Corporation
• Matthew Keator, Partner/The Keator Group
• Wendy Healey, Board President, WAM Theatre
• Jesse Noll, Manager, Custom Content and Experience/Wavemaker
• Deborah Ferro Burke, Ph.D., Contributing Author, The GE Work-Out/Change Management Expert
• Liana Toscanini, Executive Director, Nonprofit Center of the Berkshires
• … and more.
Through curated sessions, interactive exercises and one-on-one coaching with highly accessible executives from global and local firms, attendees acquire ready-to-use strategies and tools for improving communication, collaboration and everyday performance. Topics address these pressing challenges and more:
• Communicate like a superstar
• Networking crash course
• Overcome imposter syndrome
• Manage your inner bias
• Put stress in check
• Step up as a first-time boss
• Create a superior customer experience
• Expertly maneuver difficult conversations and constructive feedback
• Everyone’s got something to give: Build an inclusive team
• Failing forward: Learning and rising from setbacks
• Financial fidelity: How to stay in the green zone
• Know or go: Strategies and sources for continuous learning
• Leading up: Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, authenticity and other leadership essentials
• Beyond the job: Find passion and purpose by giving back
Proprietor’s Lodge on Pontoosuc Lake, Pittsfield, MA.
Who Should Apply:
Young professionals from diverse organizations, vocations and industries who are motivated to step up in their current role, unsure of their career path, or feel stuck professionally, personally or both. Applicants should be naturally curious and have some experience managing projects and/or people. The comprehensive curriculum satisfies a range of developmental needs from high-potential individual contributors to first-time managers to managers in need of a refresh.
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR EARLY CONSIDERATION IS AUG. 2, 2019. THE GENERAL APPLICATION DEADELINE IS AUG. 31, 2019.
• Friday, Nov. 1: 5:00 pm-8:00 pm (includes welcome reception)
• Saturday, Nov. 2: 8:30 am-8:30 pm (includes breakfast, lunch and evening reception)
• Sunday, Nov. 3: 9:00 am-12:30 pm (plus optional, early morning wellness workout)
$850 Registration Fee Delivers:
• Full access to all sessions/all days
• Meals and special receptions
• Networking with a nationwide, professional community
• Membership to the DLE’s extensive, online learning resources
• A self-developed Action Plan for achieving 2020 work and career goals
• Personal coaching opportunities
Seize the Full Retreat Experience:
Maximize the DLE’s extraordinary networking experience by reserving overnight accommodations at the exclusive Lake House Compound on Pontoosuc Lake, minutes from Proprietor’s Lodge. Retreat packages are available at a special rate for a limited time.
Established in 2008, the Dulye Leadership Experience is building community and capabilities in the Berkshire’s next generation leaders who are vital to the region’s economic revitalization. Through live Open Forums, online learning, career coaching, an expansive network and the annual Gen Now Retreat, the DLE’s innovative, year-round programming and complementary resources have inspired thousands of young professionals to actively improve their organization, community and career.